The Phoenix Values
- LIVE THE GOLDEN RULE
- HELP OTHERS
- ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE
- VALUE LIFE ABOVE ALL THINGS
- HONOR THE EARTH
- HONOR ALL THE PEOPLE
- ENSURE ECONOMIC RIGHTS
- ENSURE POLITICAL RIGHTS
- ENSURE CIVIC EDUCATION
- BE GRATEFUL
- LIVE THE GOLDEN RULE. Always treat others the way you would like them to treat you. Avoiding vain presumption of preaching that others must believe as you do, live in such a way that your life will be a beacon of hope, growth and goodness, and of your example many will see and be raised thereby.
- HELP OTHERS. Be ever mindful that your foremost reason for living this lifetime is to help other people become all that they can be, and that your own spiritual growth is advanced through thoughtful acts that help others in ways large and small. Your worth for helping others should not be underestimated simply because your reach is limited. If you help just one other person, that one may be the justification for your whole life—but your reach may also be farther, and touch more people, than you will ever know. Your intentions are as important as your acts.
- ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE. Your second-highest reason for living this lifetime is to Attain Knowledge as widely as possible and integrate it with other Knowledge… pursuant to Understanding … pursuant to Wisdom … so as to better help others and thereby advance your own spiritual growth. Honor and respect the elders, for only they have lived long enough to enable the possibility of deep Understanding and Wisdom.
- VALUE LIFE ABOVE ALL THINGS. Honor and respect all life upon the earth. Respect death as life’s final inevitability. Never take a human life except in self defense when there is no option but to kill or be killed.
- HONOR THE EARTH. Honor and protect the earth, its environments, its habitats and its resources on which we all depend for life sustenance. Never exploit the earth in excess of your adequate needs or your society’s adequate needs, or merely for profit.
- HONOR ALL THE PEOPLE. In all your actions pursue the collective best interest of all the people in your local, regional, national and international communities. Never permit any action that will privilege or promote some people at the expense of others, for rising above the norm is individual responsibility to be achieved on personal merit alone.
- ENSURE ECONOMIC RIGHTS.* Arrange your economic system with natural incentives to cooperate and to share national wealth so that every person is guaranteed a financial foundation adequate to attain basic Economic Rights* throughout life. Ensure equally that no person is prevented from exercising initiative that may attain financial gain above and beyond adequacy so long as such attainment does no harm to the basic economic rights of others.
- ENSURE POLITICAL RIGHTS. Ensure equal rights to every citizen by first ensuring all citizens’ understanding that political rights and economic rights* are two aspects of one freedom, and neither is secure unless both are secured. At all times rigorously maintain separation of powers with checks and balances designed to maximize economic and political freedoms under democratic representative governance. Banish immediately any organization, system, concept or construct that would harm any person or treat people with less than absolute legal equality.
- ENSURE CIVIC EDUCATION. Ensure that all citizens from preschool through adulthood are well educated of their great responsibility to maintain these Phoenix Values, and remain well informed of the status of these values in daily life. Always look for the third option when people needlessly consign themselves to bipolar opposing views.
- BE GRATEFUL. Always feel gratitude when your basic needs are adequately met. Never covet more than adequacy, and if adequacy is exceeded feel grateful for the excess.
*The Eight Basic Economic Rights
- HEALTH CARE
- DEPENDABLE TRANSPORTATION
- INSURANCE REQUIRED BY LAW
- Young adults: EDUCATION OR SAVINGS,but not both
- Seniors: ADEQUATE RETIREMENT INCOME
Income and wealth above the cost of these minimum rights is not a right, it is a privilege of being an American citizen.
Notwithstanding any other consideration whatsoever, personal after-tax income shall in all circumstances be sufficient to purchase the eight basic living needs which are Economic Rights for every United States citizen. These eight rights include personal income not less than the cost of:
- food adequate to ensure healthful nutrition;
- clothing adequate for all seasons;
- shelter, including utilities, of adequate size and quality for individuals and families, respectively as applicable;
- preventive health care including dental, hearing, vision and mental health, medical treatment for physical and mental disorders including all needed therapies, and hospice care;
- dependable transportation according to need;
- insurance that is required by federal, state or local law;
- Young adults: the cost of education or equal value of cash savings, but not both at the same time; and
- Seniors: adequate retirement income.
Income and wealth attained beyond the minimum attainment of these eight necessities of life shall be recognized as privileges, not rights, and such privileged income and wealth may be moderated by taxation accordingly in the common best interests of all the citizens of the United States in mutual aid and support of each other. Recognizing that the costs of obtaining these economic rights vary in different regions and sub-regions of the United States, income tax scales—in consideration of after-tax remainders—shall logically correlate with regional and sub-regional living cost differentials for a single taxpayer, and for a spouse and family members as applicable, as annually recalculated for each U.S. region and subregion by the federal government, and such correlations shall be directly reflected in the Adequate Living Wage required by law to be paid to employees in each subregion.
If you value The Phoenix Values, share them with your neighbors next door and worldwide.
For more detail see https://fixypopulist.com/populist-corrections/#prevposts
2 thoughts on “The Phoenix Values”
I enjoyed the values you’ve outlined. I do not see that happening in this country. Considering, our continuing downward spiral with the power holders. Corporations to bog to fail, or care. The President and the congress. The Supreme Court has been stacked by this congress. I feel while they are values every responsible citizen should aspire to. I just do not see this coming to be. Maybe, France has the right idea. At least they are achieving their objectives.
You are of course right, Sir, but only in the present tense. To gain insight, switch to future tense and re-think. After global overheating completes the extended work it has now irreversibly begun, and after the much-reduced human population emerges from the impending long time of troubles, the Phoenix Values are the values that will survive and re-emerge naturally, and be lived naturally, by the new native Americans. Three hundred years hence, all surviving descendants on this continent will be native Americans. And they will be very much like the original native Americans — minus their murderous petty mischief. By 2320 all survivor descendants, knowing themselves integrally part of nature, will be fundamentally wiser, living a lifestyle profoundly more mature, than either those old ancestors or the bloodthirsty greed-bound European usurpers who displaced them after 1491. These descendants will be the blended New Americans. Oh, and one other detail: the vibrational frequency of quanta will exceed lightspeed.